Content warnings are provided to give readers agency when choosing books. In order to make information as specific as possible to help readers-- especially those with trauma-- choose reading material, SPOILERS are included. CWs for each book are hidden under a collapsing accordion box. The plus sign on each box expands it to display a list.
Backstage Romance Series:
The Stage Manager Content Warnings
- History of Sexual Assault: One of the core characters has a history of sexual assault and a child resulting from these attacks. The actual assault is in the past and is not described in detail in the book, though the character vaguely recounts it. This character's mother also was pregnant at sixteen by someone much older, and while in the State of Alabama this is the age of consent, for many it would still be considered statutory rape.
- Child Abuse: See above content warning.
- Addiction: Two characters in this novel are sober because their mother was a drug addict. One of these characters is addicted to cigarettes.
- Homophobia & Outing: This story takes place in a conservative county of Alabama. One of the characters being outed as bisexual becomes a professional liability. In addition to this, one of the characters was assaulted as a teenager, and her homosexuality was used as her attacker tried to rationalize the sexual abuse.
- PTSD/Depression: A character with PTSD goes through a dark patch and seeks help from her therapist.
The Understudy Content Warnings
- Emotional Abuse: Female protagonist's ex-husband is emotionally abusive. He employs gas-lighting, emotional manipulation, and control through comments about her body and career. He violates boundaries throughout the narrative.
- Statutory Rape: An exposé is written about a character pressuring underage girls into sexual contact with promises of career opportunities. It is discussed by characters, but all occurred off page in the past.
- Revenge Porn: Nude photos of characters in a sexual situation are released to the public without their consent.
- Slut Shaming: Rumors about a female character using sex to get ahead create emotional turmoil for her.
- Death of a Friend: A character's backstory includes the tragic sudden deaths of two close friends at a young age.